Here we are at Five Minute Friday with Kate Motaung and the gang! Kate’s daughter is turning 10 this week so she chose the word prompt: TEN. My older kids are past the age of 10 and sweet Matthew is just 6 with his first wiggly tooth. Dave and I have been married for more than double 10 so my mind wandered and I came up with 10 things that are beautiful to me and some of my favorites. They are not in order of importance just order of how they poured out of my head and onto the keyboard.
- Daisies – A vase full or bunches growing by the roadside or one single stem…. It doesn’t matter I love them any way they come. And as Meg Ryan would say in You’ve Got Mail – “Don’t you think daisies are the friendliest flowers!”
- Taking a nap outside – Well, taking a nap anywhere is a beautiful thing but taking one outside is even better! I love the sounds of the outdoors with a breeze blowing and birds singing. (I sound a bit like Snow White except that I don’t love the outdoors that much. I don’t do bugs or sleep outside in the dark so forest abiding doesn’t make my favorites list.) Just a simple nap in my own backyard or on the beach is the thing for me.
- Rainstorms – I love listening, watching and running through the rain. As a kid these were some of my favorite days. We would run through the gutters along our street and dance in the puddles. I still love a good thunderstorm!
- Coffee in the morning – Nothing like it… coffee in the morning is a beautiful way to start the day. Which reminds me I should go fill up again. (Pause in this typing time for a refill… I’ll be back!)
- Our dog, Della – I love this sweet girl. She is a constant friend and behaves 96.3% of time. Part of that not behaving was last night on her final time out to do her business. She decided to bark into the dark and woke up hubby in the process. Not a good choice for her! But truly, we love her!
- My people – My kids and hubby are my most favorite people on the planet. I love their quirkiness, humor and simply being with them. Any day with them is a good day!
- Taking photos – I love capturing the small, intricate parts of nature. When I’m stressed I can grab my camera, take a walk, and snap the shutter. There’s something about finding God in His creation that brings perspective back into life. It’s a reminder He’s got this thing under control— simply trust Him.
- My God – there are just too many words to type about this subject. Yet in the simplest terms, He is the essence of all things good and the Giver of this beautiful life. Having the assurance that He is with me in all things and loves me regardless of all my faults and mistakes is the most beautiful of all things.
- Reading beautiful words – This is simply soothing to my soul and brings a smile to my face. When I read beautiful words that have been crafted well I stop… reread and sigh… “That’s beautiful!”
- My dearest and sweetest friend, Dave – Living out my days with my best friend is a wonderful, beautiful gift. This year marks our 21st wedding anniversary and that just seems quite impossible. We’ve been through a lot on this journey… a lot of laughs, many trials and some deep sorrows yet through it all we’ve had each other and that’s a beautiful thing!
That brings the list to TEN and my time is well past FIVE since I grabbed that coffee in between but this was fun to think about and a good way to start the day! So what about you? What are some of your “life” favorites? Jump into the conversation below and share some with us. I would love to hear from you!