Matthew’s night-light went out last night.
I was out of replacement bulbs and other night-lights could not be found.
I grabbed the one that lit up the hallway and bathroom and placed it in his room with the following instructions.
“Here’s the night-light from the bathroom. If you get up in the night use this little flashlight so you can see where to go.”
He immediately jumped on the idea of having his own portable light and felt he needed to try it out right then… again and again.
It can be scary to feel alone and not sure of what lurks in the dark.
- Decisions ahead may be troubling your heart.
- Your agenda may be looming over your head.
- A conversation you’re dreading is playing out in your mind.
- The weekend events have left you drained of your strength.
No matter the week you are facing He is the light that shines in your dark places.
- He is an ever-present help in our day.
- His wisdom brings clarity to our agenda.
- His love gives words for hard conversations.
- And His joy gives strength for our everyday.
Nothing we face today can overcome, overwhelm or overpower the Light of Jesus.
Just as little Matthew was concerned about not having a light for the dark hallway, you have a portable, ever-present Light that goes with you wherever you go.
In your journey you are not alone or left without a Light to guide your way.
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it.” – John 1:1-5 (NIV)
In your coming and going today… whatever you face, lean into His grace, look to His wisdom and let His Light shine… lighting your way.
Linking up today with: