I look forward to Fridays each week and this fun writing exercise of Five Minute Friday. The rules are: Lisa Jo gives us a word to write on for 5 minutes…no major editing, no thinking too much…just writing and linking back to her site. The best part is heading over there and reading what others did with this fun as well.
So here we go…today’s word is small
Our big world sees and trumpets out: “If you’re small, then you’re insignificant.”
Yet are these insignificant?
- the ripples across a still lake beginning from a small pebble thrown
- the small gripping fingers of a newborn babe
- dandelions plucked and brought by the fistful to the front door by toddlers (small humans)
- the small QWERTY keyboard texting of encouraging words from friends
- my husbands reassuring hand resting against the small of my back
- the small band of gold wrapped around my finger
- my smallness, His Greatness
All these things I guard, I treasure…for they may be small but they are not insignificant.
Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things–and the things that are not–to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before Him. It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God — That is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. ~ 1 Corinthians 1:26-30 (NIV)