Yay, it’s Friday… and I need a Friday in my world this week. Ever been there??? We are linking up with Kate and the gang over at Five Minute Friday with a word prompt for the day. We write for 5 minutes and link up together here to share and encourage each other. If you’d like to join us, click here.
Our word prompt today: DECIDE
Every day is full of decisions. It begins with:
- Do I get out of bed or hit snooze again?
- Is it a jean or skirt day?
- Do I walk the dog or let her wander in the yard while I stand inside and sip my coffee?
These decisions are pretty uneventful and don’t hold a lot of weighty responsibility or consequences.
We face other choices that have the potential to change the trajectory of our day and cause drama beyond belief.
- Do I share a comment on Facebook about how I really feel or not?
- Do I speak my mind or hold back and choose better words?
- Do I cut off another in traffic or wait my turn?
- Am I patient with the slow cashier or do I let my annoyance show?
- Focusing the first 5 minutes of the day on thanksgiving and praise sets the tone for better moments.
- A smile and “Good morning” can open doors to a better beginning.
- Choosing joy over stress and worry lightens our load and carries us through.
Celebrate God all day, every day, I mean revel in Him! Make it clear as you can to all you meet that you’re on their side, working with them and not against them. Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. ~ Philippians 4:4-7 (The Message)