It’s time for Five Minute Friday. Where we write for 5 minutes on the same word prompt and link up together. Click here to join us!
Our word prompt today: INSPIRE
It’s over half way through the year and I’m wondering where it all went.
There are some out there already counting down the days/weeks and shopping days until Christmas and that just makes my stomach turn and my head hurt. Why can’t we let today be today?
I feel like I just finished up all the paperwork and put away school stuff for summer and now the Back-To-School merchandise is lining the aisles in Wal-Mart.
Pushing me forward does not inspire me. Pushing the idea of days left till Christmas and Back-to-School stuff just overwhelms and makes me want to bury my head and yell, “NO!!! NOT YET!”
We get half way through the year and we might feel overloaded and weighed down by what’s getting pushed at us and vying for our attention.
So today I decided to push back against all that.
Instead of being overwhelmed I decided to look back in my calendar and journal from the year and review all that has been accomplished in these days of 2017. And then I’m reminded that these days have not been wasted but we’ve accomplished some good things.
- We finished school and graduated another teen!
- We made a trip through a snowstorm to get my passport and attend a loved ones funeral in Canada
- I prepared and shared at 3 different ladies events outside of our local ministry
- We’ve completed 3 kids ministry series so far this year and a summer KidzTurn event.
- We entertained and hosted guests in our home
- We completed a ladies summer book study
- I’ve read 13 books (outside of normal school books)
- We’ve painted and decorated a few rooms in our home
- And plugged away at endless every day tasks at home, work and ministry
Now that kind of list inspires me!!!
We can become overwhelmed in the day-to-day thinking that we haven’t made traction in our world. We’re being rolled over by the wheels of time. Yet when we look back even over 6 months of time we can see the wheels moving us forward.
We are moving forward! We are accomplishing good things and getting great things done!
So don’t be overwhelmed by the day-to-day or that pressure from stores pushing us forward. Instead rest in the principle of the tortoise and the hare.
- Slow and steady wins the race.
- Diligence and determination gets us across the finish line.
Look how far you’ve already come. Be motivated by what you’ve already accomplished this year and let that inspire you to keep the wheels moving and finish the race.
Jump into the conversation: Share your own list of accomplished tasks this year and be inspired to keep the wheels moving!
Happy Friday, friends! Have a great relaxing weekend!